Come get involved. Connect with other members of our congregation. Get to know people. Bring passion and a desire to see and be change.
Learn. Discover what it means to put faith into action.
Be with us. Together we can do the most good.
Volunteer. Opportunities abound at First Unitarian. Here is a sampling:
- Our monthly food pantry needs many volunteers to procure and set up food and to assist shoppers.
- Make sandwiches or help cook dinner for the homeless men’s shelter we serve monthly.
- Help to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness by taking a shift with the Habitat for Humanity work group.
- Volunteer with the Caring Network to drive someone to a doctor appointment, make a meal for someone who could use one, or visit someone who could use a friendly visitor.
- Knit warm items for someone in need.
- Help out with a church grounds clean-up.
- Provide baked goods for Coffee Hour.
- Be part of a teaching team for the children on Sunday morning.
- Join one of our music groups.
- Help set up or clean up for our monthly Parish Suppers.
- Advocate for justice in Rhode Island by meeting with local legislators and attending legislative committee hearings.
First Unitarian offers a vast array of programs and groups. Check them out on the following pages. We welcome your involvement and invite you to connect with others who share your interests.